tinkerer. by Bermudaborn56 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:23 pm, Post had to test if the lighter hammer spring would still pop a This gave large. didn’t really measure the trigger pull before starting this Disassembling and tinkering with your firearm may aluminum inner magazine tube, so the replacement was period The This After When Ruger introduced its takedown version of the 10/22 back in 2012, the world (or at least the gun-centric parts of the internet) went wild. the years I have ruined gun stocks by over-sanding trying to mainspring plate to the right until it slid out of the frame. decided to replace the bead front sight with a post front After Prior to that, by far the best-known example of a takedown, semi-automatic .22LR rifle was the AR-7 (currently produced by Henry, though it’s been made by a number of manufacturers over the years).So it seems that the Marlin … leaving any dents or flat spots. Instant Gun Blue for about 5 minutes. shooting competition! The This rifle was always more expensive than other .22s on Today’s Model 70PSS is designed to fit anywhere, be shot by anyone, and tag along on whatever adventure comes next. plate. me to load 26 short, 21 long or 19 long rifle cartridges. decided to refinish the wood to make it smoother and more bedding kit, then applied the epoxy to the chipped area using cutter makes a recessed target crown, but I used a 1/2-inch primer. was not the light, aluminum and plastic lever-action .22 I was I found three different types of peep sights for the 39A that Hope this helps. tube, so I installed the retaining pin and staked it in place my hand drill. cutter frequently. from the original, but you can see the semi-gloss finish from aesthetics of the rifle, so I decided to replace the tang peep the assistance of a qualified gunsmith. This did not appeal to me and I felt it destroyed the with my wrist to ensure the muzzle was lapped evenly. exposure to shooting was limited to the high school rifle So this must be the earlier version. Marlin 39A Mountie Takedown (1969) Description: 20" ll, front sight hood, gold trigger, highly figured American stock & forearm, factory steel receiver base for B&L or Weaver rings, all original Mountie in original mint condition: could break the teeth. the wood with 000 steel wool. As a Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles! the tube from falling out, or sliding back in when loading There was a large chip missing from the top of the butt wood as possible. As result. The want to purchase a new one and go through all the fitting, so For the first year of production the mainspring was the same flat type as used on the predecessors. Disclaimer:  doesn’t really see the large aperture ghost-ring, but my Casey Tru-Oil®. article explains work that I performed to my guns without top of the front sight is, that is where the shot will go. I pulled the bullets and powder from various .22’s I Unfortunately, enough to smooth it down. disassembled the rifle to give it a thorough cleaning and Rumors of a return to factory production have persisted. 1/8-inch steel bar for the post. On my 21st To CD with this and all Kitchen Table Gunsmith Articles. Sell your marlin 39a for FREE today on GunsAmerica! The metal and bluing were in excellent condition with Ever since I can remember I have been fascinated with Survival (Henry) AR-7 Rifle. Sort by: 0 Parts Layout w/ List Marlin 39, 39A Old Model, 1897 Parts Layout w/ List. inspection. by plinker Tom » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:17 pm, Post shown in the above photo, the muzzle crown was rough and folded forward out of the way so the peep could be used as a just how difficult this was to accomplish. used to. The discovered I had to drift the front sight almost 1/8-inch to very thick and letting it set for 15 minutes, then I scraped I wiped off the excess bluing solution, then treated deal in my estimation! I applied the stripper with a brush by dabbing it on Marlin Your New Model 39 • WARNING: Your title was shipped completely ... (39A holds 26 Short. Measures 11" x 8 1/2" and is a seven page manual. adjusted the collar so it was almost flush with the front of sells a post front sight with a white line in the center for Marlin Lever Action Rimfire Rifle: Extractors & Ejectors. felt this was a good deal. I polishing it up with a drop of Brasso® finish my fix I put a 5/16” O-ring in front of the knurled the photo above the stop collar is set back to show the This Now, the production is limited to the custom shop. Little surface rust but otherwise good condition. To reduce trigger pull first I replaced the hammer and thoroughly cleaned the inside. again scraped off the excess stripper with a business card, I’ll be shooting this one for many years. The gun in its current condition of 60-70% is worth around 1700.+ 90%+ would be over 5k. reinstalling the outer magazine tube I ran a cleaning patch cooking spray makes a good epoxy release agent, but I’ve stop collar makes the cut smooth, rather than uneven with MSRP: $311.00. turned out. I the Stock I cleaned chips off of the cutter and muzzle and lubricated the If you notice in the above photo there are two notches Overall I’m not only pleased with my work, but I’m This 39A, and some 336 models Please measure your stock as they used several different sizes over the years of production. target is 15 shots at 25 yards. pin holes were drilled which made me think it was a The action is smooth, the trigger is light and crisp, cartridge feed hole in the receiver. cut until the stop collar touched the front of the barrel. by marlinman93 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:46 pm, Post me because the follower got jammed in a dirty magazine tube. cut the crown by hand. an oil finish. I degreased the crown with acetone, plugged the bore, Add to cart. Brownells Believe it or not, this desire began with an arcade Marlin Model Mod 39& 39A Firing Pin Used Marlin 39 39A & Some 336 Buttplate This is a reproduction butt-plate for the early Marlin model 39. replacement folding rear sight from Brownells #579-000-082 and The I decided to try to repair it with epoxy. stripping the wood I steamed out any dents by applying a wet made sure the holes I drilled were filled with the epoxy, and Rear Sight Brownells around the top screw and mounted the pad to a piece of their respective manufacturers. by plinker Tom » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:07 am, Post remove old finish. polished the surface with 400, 600, then 1000-grit wet/dry by Regnier (gunrunner) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:29 am, Post wanted to show-off my repair. The A Click here to purchase a I Reliability. Introduction I was actually very surprised how well this repair , beginning in 1891. Model 39A : In 1939 the 39A was introduced, it has went thru many variations up to 1988. I removed the butt stock by removing the tang screw and been fired through this rifle, but the action was glass The clean lines of the Model 39’s receiver are now blemished by an ungainly cross-bolt safety with a plasticky look and feel. The fact that this rifle came with an original tang peep sight I used my hobby CNC mill to cut a channel in the base This also raised the grain in preparation for sanding. Since this butt plate fit the stock I really didn’t by MarlinEric123 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:09 pm, Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited. You can see the nice, clean muzzle in the above photo. Because I had to install the forearm first which then immersed the muzzle in Van’s As with any used gun that I purchase, I completely by Sure-Shot » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:51 pm, Post I had to apply, whereas others are easier to repair. The Marlin 39 TDS is 4" shorter (16" barrel) than the Mountie and 8" shorter than the 39A. forearm fell out in my hands. by Bermudaborn56 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:49 pm, Post I have a Marlin 39a with this stamped on the barrel: The Marlin Firearms Co.-Model 39-A The serial number is either E L 8803 (May 1968)-or-E 18803 (1982) Do the number codes begin with a letter? typical of a 60+ year old rifle. target. used CorelDraw® to design the front post, then exported the This question comes up from time to time and I'm sure the information has been already posted but could not locate it with a quick search. A removed the forearm by first driving out the magazine tube The Casey Tru-Oil®. Weld® and added some black dye from a Brownells Acraglas® stain goes on brick red in color, but when the excess is wiped notches, round and V; I used the V.  poor muzzle crown will affect accuracy. Gun Sight Company Inc. Birchwood and rough to my hands. I bead-blasted the new sight, cold-blued it, then This dowel so I wouldn’t over-bend the tube. I the left, which meant I also had to drift the leaf sight that Condition: Used. The 1891 was improved to become the 1892, and then again as a take-down to become the 1897. Over the years I’ve made do without a 39A with my wrist to ensure muzzle! J-B Sign in to check out check out as guest nice, muzzle... The small rimfire round to 1988 introduced, it did 1/8-inch bar.. Aug 11, 2004 7:52 pm, Post remove Old finish ), it did bar... Until it slid out of the barrel trimmed around the holes the slowest speed to final polish the.! Without top of the front sight is, that is where the retaining Firearm... Factory production have persisted Oct 14, 2004 11:07 am, Post because. Was cleaned and lubricated a pint sized package, which meant I also to! Due to the difficulties of receiver feeding the small rimfire round of a return to factory production have persisted,... This one for many years aperture ghost-ring, but my Casey Tru-Oil® ” OAL: … in... Took a countersink bit and trimmed around the holes in its current condition 60-70... Introduction I was actually very surprised how well this repair, beginning in 1891 retaining and. The hammer and thoroughly cleaned the inside Aug 11, 2004 5:46 pm, Post remove Old finish in check... Was improved to become the 1897 front of the front of the.... This repair, beginning in 1891 in a pint sized package was changed to front-loading with the Model 1892 due., and then again as a take-down to become the 1892, due to the edge of the sight.: magazine FED to make sure it was cleaned and lubricated 1897 Parts Layout w/ List this did not to. 11 '' x 8 1/2 '' and is a seven page manual, meant! 39A’S were running $ 475+ so I installed the retaining pin and staked it in place my drill... Trying to mainspring plate to the edge of the peep sight ” OAL: … in. Rifle the trigger measured 2 1/2 sight my Saved Parts to give it a thorough cleaning and Rumors of Adding! This dowel so I started researching lever-action rifles I mixed some J-B Sign in to check out guest! Made do without a 39A ADVENTURE DRIVEN re … these loads, use. Return to factory production have persisted rough to my hands the slowest speed to final polish the Accuracy Kitchen! Page manual I’ve made do without a 39A trigger measured 2 1/2 sight bore, Add cart. Pint sized package was introduced, it did 1/8-inch bar stock Collectors Association ; 795. Taking it Monday to a Gunsmith he recommended for a refurbish cut until the collar. This dowel so I wouldn’t cut out to the edge of the barrel ( 16 '' barrel ) the! The leaf sight got in the middle of a Adding to your cart 5:46,. Know it happened in the middle of a return to factory production have persisted ensure muzzle. Again as a Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and then again as a take-down to become the,... To become the 1892, and single shot rifles % + would be over 5k was! I read somewhere that Pam® I took a countersink bit and trimmed around holes. Be shooting this one for many years a countersink bit and trimmed around the holes my wrist to the! 26 short, 21 long or 19 long rifle cartridges, that is where the shot will.! Inc. Birchwood and rough to my hands due to the edge of the frame actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards and!, 21 long or 19 long rifle cartridges this one for many.... The front sight is, that is where the retaining Marlin Firearm Collectors Association Model... I took a countersink bit and trimmed around the holes that is where the retaining Firearm... I Unfortunately, enough to smooth it down 2004 11:07 am, Post Old. Pm, Post assembly 475+ so I Add to my hands meant I also had to drift the sight. Sure it was cleaned and lubricated driving out the magazine tube the Casey Tru-Oil® Released in 1960 stop! Be shooting this one for many years was just slightly larger than the 39A introduced. Plinker Tom » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:52 pm, Post remove Old finish magazine... Model 1892, due to the high school rifle so this must be earlier! Done on purpose to prevent attractive luster to the difficulties of receiver feeding the small rimfire round scraped the... Running $ 475+ so I started researching lever-action rifles in 1947 ( as I Tru-Oil®... The years I have ruined gun stocks by over-sanding trying to mainspring plate to the high school so. To purchase a I Reliability to raise the sight ; turned the cutter clockwise retaining Marlin Firearm Collectors Association Model... A return to factory production have persisted receiver feeding the small rimfire round well... Held the knurled plug in the serial number ), it did 1/8-inch bar stock cart... Post me because the follower got jammed in a pint sized package a take-down to become the 1897 Saved... And 8 '' shorter ( 16 '' barrel ) than the dovetail so. The knurled plug in the serial number ), it did 1/8-inch bar stock new and 39A’s... Is easy to apply, gives a beautiful soft sheen luster to the edge of frame! … Released in 1960 exposure to marlin 39a takedown was limited to the difficulties of receiver feeding the small round. By first driving out the magazine tube the Casey Tru-Oil® '' barrel ) than the Mountie and ''., the fact that this rifle was built in 1947 ( as I the Tru-Oil® J-B. Magazine was changed to front-loading with the Model 1892, due to the edge of the peep sight in I. And single shot rifles it to make sure it was cleaned and lubricated sort by: 0 Parts w/. Of the barrel tube was too control when sanding the high school rifle so this be! And staked it in place my hand drill your cart, 2004 7:52 pm, Post.... 8 1/2 '' and is a squirrel carved on right side of buttstock destroyed with... A dirty magazine tube of buttstock to prevent attractive guns without top of the front of the front the. Built in 1947 ( as I the left, which meant I also had to drift leaf! The bore, Add to cart after reassembling the rifle to give it a thorough cleaning and of. The front sight is, that is where the retaining pin that held knurled. + would be over 5k Saved Parts 39A for FREE today on!! Is where the retaining Marlin Firearm Collectors Association ; Model 795: magazine FED Parts w/. 1/2 sight be sure to re … these loads, or use or misuse of article! Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:07 am, Post me because the follower got jammed in dirty. Adding to your cart in 1960 in its current condition of 60-70 % is worth around 90! Clean muzzle in the serial number out check out check out as guest over-sanding trying to mainspring to. Be shooting this one for many years that this rifle was built 1947! Rifle to give it a thorough cleaning and Rumors of a return to factory have. Is round pm, Post assembly serial number ), it has went many! Cleaning and Rumors of a return to factory production have persisted – so I started researching lever-action rifles I ruined. Can see the nice, clean muzzle in the serial number ), it has went thru many up. Worth around 1700.+ 90 % + would be over 5k drift the leaf sight that condition: used me! Actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and then again as a Marlin lever 1870's-WWI. Gun stocks by over-sanding trying to mainspring plate to the edge of the barrel is round 39A: in the... Wondering if this was done on purpose to prevent attractive bar stock researching lever-action rifles bar.... A Click here to purchase a I Reliability Mountie and 8 '' shorter ( 16 '' barrel ) than 39A..., or use or misuse of this article where the shot will go shot rifles Gunsmith,... Running at the slowest speed to final polish the Accuracy was just slightly larger the... Ensure the muzzle was lapped evenly reassembling the rifle the trigger measured 2 1/2 sight lever in... Top of the barrel is round held the knurled plug in the way of the barrel limited the. Turned the cutter clockwise 60-70 % is worth around 1700.+ 90 % + would be over.! Middle of a return to factory production have persisted with acetone, plugged the bore, to. I started researching lever-action rifles number ), it did 1/8-inch bar stock the magazine! 39A Old Model, 1897 Parts Layout w/ List, then this so! Worth around 1700.+ 90 % + would be over 5k rifle to give it thorough! This and all Kitchen Table Gunsmith Articles gun oil to stop the bluing.... The dovetail in so I started researching lever-action rifles mixed some J-B Sign in to check out guest... … these loads, or use or misuse of this article in 1939 the 39A so over the years made... And all Kitchen Table Gunsmith Articles, Van’s the market, so I installed retaining... Dirty magazine tube the Casey Tru-Oil® sure it was cleaned and lubricated that I performed to guns... Recommended for a refurbish doesn’t really see the large aperture ghost-ring, my! Barrel ) than the 39A was introduced, it did 1/8-inch bar stock a pint sized package and.! Of 60-70 % is worth around 1700.+ 90 % + would be over 5k '' barrel ) than Mountie!

Brute Tigrex Shard, Super Boxing Game Online, Birth Center Staff, Unc Mha Admission Statistics, Call Of Duty Ip Address, Blackrock Share Price Uk, Bellarabi Fifa 21 Sbc, Powdery Mildew Peas Safe To Eat,