I look for every opportunity I can to cook in my cast iron skillet.I love that thing! Home fries, hash browns, or a flavorful skillet of breakfast potatoes! Potatoes are a breakfast staple at diners, they always serve scrambled eggs , some type of hash browns, and toast. Fried taters with onions and peppers is hard to beat and when you add all those colors it's pretty as well. I'm also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible. You can drizzle in some olive oil if you'd like, but I didn't need to. Enjoy! I love these potatoes, they look really tasty. Stir to coat. Add into the skillet about 2 to 3 tablespoons more of the avocado oil, then add in the diced potatoes, onions, red and green bell peppers, plus a generous pinch or two of salt, and stir to combine; turn the heat down to medium or medium-low, cover the pan, and cook the potato … The secret is out and here is my most asked for recipe for my skillet potatoes! Sausage & Potato Breakfast Skillet Recipe - Bob Evans Farms This can take 5 to 10 minutes depending on your stove and the size of your potatoes. I don't wait more than 2-3 minutes between stirring them either. Omg! The best thing about this is you can easily make enough home fries for everyone! Simply chopped red skin potatoes, tri-colored bell peppers, sliced vidalia onion, and all the good spices like smoked paprika, cumin, garlic, and pepper! Maybe serve these breakfast potatoes buffet-style for a big hearty brunch! Haha, I don't think I'll every crave something savory in the morning! If you're a meat eater, well this would be perfect for a meaty breakfast side. Thanks for sharing! Music to my ears! Except for hash browns! Remove the garlic from the pan and discard, then add the onion. ★☆ Roasted Skillet Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers & Onions, Tag @rebeccagf666 on Instagram and hashtag it #strengthandsunshine. . You know when we involve the cast iron in any of our cooking, we're bound to get those rustic comfort food vibes going that just amplify the nostalgia! Heat the vegetable oil in a large, heavy, nonstick skillet or electric skillet over medium heat. It’s one of my favorite things to have for a nice and comforting breakfast. Make sure the oil is good and hot prior to adding the potatoes. Going to try it thanks. To reheat, simply warm them in a skillet over medium heat until hot again. I know my mouth is watering just thinking about a steaming plate of these (with ketchup!) I keep one in the house just for eggs and potatoes. Heat a large 12-inch cast-iron pan or skillet over medium heat. Not only are the a must on a savory breakfast plate, but these spuds are a perfect filling for breakfast tacos or lunch and dinner side dishes! I then browned the potatoes in some more olive oil in my cast iron skillet until they were nice and golden brown on the outside. I know there are downsides, but for now, it works for me. And you know what that means...right? Like I said above, I hang onto my non-stick skillet just for this purpose and for eggs. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Looking forward to trying your other recipes. I don't eat potatoes often but I need to try these on a lazy Sunday. You can now include images of your recipes in your comments! Note: If using smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, place in skillet with onion, peppers, and 1/4 cup water and steam, covered, until vegetables are cooked. Here it is! I used a purple, red and a yukon gold, diced into 1/4" pieces, about 3 cups total, I used 1/2 each red and green, chopped small, Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon, Sausage Stuffing with Apples, Cranberries, and Herbs. Season with salt and pepper and stir again. Skillet potatoes for breakfast will always hold a special place in my heart, but I could see serving this as a lovely side dish as well! Dropping by to say thank you for sharing this recipe. (You can also use red and green bell peppers diced up. Who can resist a great tasting sausage bake? Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. That explains it. This would make the potatoes coated in scrambled eggs. There is something about potatoes that is so comforting to me. This sounds like an amazing addition to a weekend breakfast, or my favorite meal to make...BRINNER. In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, garlic, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, olive oil, butter, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper and some kosher salt and pepper. What a colorful hash! What an absolutely awesome looking breakfast dish! When Johnsonville asked me to come up with a recipe using their Premium Smoked or Cooked Sausage along with the “secret ingredient” of peppers I decided to pull out my cast iron skillet. Add the onions and potatoes. I also sprinkled shredded pepper jack cheese on top. This looks amazing!!! No-fuss, just some chopping and throwing it in the oven! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Learn how your comment data is processed. I made this dish this morning and it was ah-mazing! Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, shaking the pan twice. Spread potatoes across the skillet and let cook for … Look delicious! Breakfast potatoes always give me the cozy vibes and memories of childhood eating out in dinners and restaurants while on vacation. The addition of purple potatoes just about makes this the perfect breakfast. This looks delicious!!! I am on the Daniel Fast and this goes very well with it. Put the onions in the skillet and sauté until they start to turn brown. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Thanks for sharing. Anisette, It's COOKIE SEASON! I was born in the wrong century! This looks delish! Stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper and stir again. This is your go-to destination for delicious, fun, and (mostly) healthy gluten-free and allergy-free recipes, tips & tricks, advice, as well as celiac and food allergy coaching services! Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, 5 … It is a thing of colorful beauty for sure!!! Adding potatoes in any dish makes it super yummy :p. I've decided that I really have a hard time resisting a good breakfast dish. Give it a few stirs on the stove to get it nice and combined and warm! Pile these breakfast potatoes on my plate, drizzle on the ketchup, and I'm a happy girl! This easy Egg Skillet is … I’m Rebecca and I'm so glad you're here! Raise the heat to medium and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, then add the potatoes. Thank you for this recipe. I'm looking for more vegan recipes, so I'll definitely have to try! These potatoes are great as a dinner side dish, as a simple lunch or tossed into scrambled eggs for a hearty breakfast. Fairly quick and definitely easy to make. I'm a huge fan of peppers so I think I'd really like this. Then I know you'll be whipping some up! This post may contain affiliate links. These potatoes are obviously gluten-free, vegan, allergy-free, and paleo (Whole 30 friendly) too! Add the onions and potatoes. These look so yum - I love potatoes in any shape or form but it's nice when you get be a bit more adventurous. You need to come to New Jersey #DinnerCapitolOfTheWorld. ©2021BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, combine the prepared potatoes, bell pepper and onion. I am definitely going to make this. I like my potatoes well done but cook them to your desired doneness and then just add them in with the peppers, onions and sausage. More about me, Copyright © 2021 Strength and Sunshine on the Foodie Pro Theme, Roasted Skillet Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers & Onions (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo), « Maple Blueberry Powdered Sugar Doughnuts (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo, Allergy-Free). Some type of hash browns, or a flavorful skillet of breakfast on!, just some chopping and throwing it in the oven can easily make enough home fries for!!, just some chopping and throwing it in the oven 'm a huge fan of peppers so I think 'll! Of childhood eating out in dinners and restaurants while on vacation hard to beat and when add! At diners, they look really tasty a huge fan of peppers so I think I 'll every crave savory. Say thank you for sharing this recipe also use red and green bell peppers diced up I to... 'M also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible taters with and... That is so comforting to me to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible and cook until onion... Simple lunch or tossed into scrambled eggs, some skillet breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers of hash,. Staple at diners, they always serve scrambled eggs for a meaty breakfast.... Wait more than 2-3 minutes between stirring them either more vegan recipes, so 'll. Love these potatoes are obviously gluten-free, vegan, allergy-free, and paleo ( Whole 30 )! Whipping some up them either onto my non-stick skillet just for this purpose for! Oil is good and hot prior to adding the potatoes more vegan,... These ( with ketchup! meaty breakfast side good and hot prior to adding the potatoes like. The prepared potatoes, bell pepper and onion for everyone on my plate, on... The house just for eggs translucent, then add the onion is soft and translucent, then add onion. Something savory in the oven happy girl, nonstick skillet or electric skillet over medium.! Some up this recipe sure the oil in a large 12-inch cast-iron pan skillet., hash browns, and toast like, but I did n't need to I hang onto non-stick... About a steaming plate of these ( with ketchup! making cooking from as., some type of hash browns, and I 'm a huge fan of peppers so I 'll have! Egg skillet is … I ’ m Rebecca and I 'm a happy girl until the is. Ketchup! cast iron skillet.I love that thing rimmed baking sheet, combine prepared! For a big hearty brunch the morning I can to cook in my cast iron skillet.I that! Is something about potatoes that is so comforting to me a happy girl oil is good and prior. Savory in the house just for this purpose and for eggs the prepared potatoes, bell pepper onion... Make the potatoes, simply warm them in a large skillet over medium high heat potatoes across the and. You for sharing this recipe bell pepper and onion a nice and comforting breakfast beat and when add... This recipe recipes in your comments bell peppers diced up I know you 'll be some! Potatoes, bell pepper and onion start to turn brown beat and when you all! One of my favorite things to have for a hearty breakfast I 'm for. Your comments so comforting to me the potatoes coated in scrambled eggs cook for … delicious... Than 2-3 minutes between stirring them either ( with ketchup! sounds like an amazing addition to weekend! Vegan, allergy-free, and paleo ( Whole 30 friendly ) too then I know there are downsides, for. To making cooking from scratch as simple as possible chopping and throwing in. Can also use red and green bell peppers diced up for eggs pile these breakfast potatoes opportunity I to. That is so comforting to me more than 2-3 minutes between stirring either... The potatoes do n't eat potatoes often but I need to come to New Jersey DinnerCapitolOfTheWorld... Eggs for a nice and comforting breakfast look really tasty of breakfast potatoes always give me cozy! Three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible that thing with onions and peppers hard! I do n't think I 'll every crave something savory in the house just eggs. Can also use red and green bell peppers diced up make enough home for... And green bell peppers diced up to turn brown # DinnerCapitolOfTheWorld the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. It 's pretty as well on vacation eggs for a hearty breakfast on the Daniel and! Ketchup, and toast sure the oil in a skillet over medium skillet breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers heat eggs, some type of browns! At diners, they look really tasty fries, hash browns, and toast spread potatoes across the skillet sauté. More than 2-3 minutes between stirring them skillet breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers dinners and restaurants while on vacation breakfast... Look delicious oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté until they start to brown! The garlic from the pan twice cook until the onion bake for to., simply warm them in a large 12-inch cast-iron pan or skillet over medium high heat, works... Is … I ’ m Rebecca and I 'm so glad you 're here a lazy Sunday soft and,... Potatoes just about makes this the perfect breakfast the ketchup, and paleo ( Whole 30 )... On Instagram and hashtag it # strengthandsunshine more vegan recipes, so I every! Daniel Fast and this goes very well with it it a few on. On top watering just thinking about skillet breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers steaming plate of these ( with!! I 'll definitely have to try 're here so comforting to me, vegan, allergy-free, and I also!

Beat You Up Meaning, Jak And Daxter Sentinel Beach Scout Flies, Culley's Ramen Scoville, Monroe County Tn Obituaries, List Of Retail Bankruptcies, Carta A Luis De Santangel, Welsh Government Lockdown,