Added some red pepper flakes to the kale and some thyme when adding the salt & pepper. Sprinkle the remaining 4 ounces of cheese on top of the casserole. Fluff with a fork. 2 Sauté kale: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. It reminds me a bit of the panade we made here a while back, a bread soup with greens, mushrooms, and onions, just without the soup part. Begin making the Kale Swiss and Mushroom Strata the day before because it needs 8-24 hours of refrigeration. Cook, while stirring, … I have a question. It is the epitome of fall in a salad and combines the goodness of kale, butternut squash, roasted chickpeas,…, These shrimp taco lettuce wraps are a great, low-carb gluten-free alternative to traditional shrimp tacos. Your email address will not be published. My minor changes: substitued chard for the kale, our personal preference. Republished here with the permission of the author. https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/roasted-mushroom-kale-pizza Bake … Sorry, our subscription service is unavailable. Hi Elise, I know this is a little late but I cooked this for my boyfriend last night and we LOVED it! We’re not big fans of cheesy casserole type, but this kale cheddar mushroom bake is the perfect comfort food. 5 minutes in add the kale and cook for another 5 minutes, or until tender. 4 Whisk milk and eggs: In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Someone mentioned above they used tomatoes instead. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. Blend the cashews, hemp seeds and non-dairy milk until creamy. I think spinach would turn too mushy and watery in this dish – it would have to be a strong green like chard, if you don’t use kale, to stand up. Add chopped onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. I added nutmeg to my kale mixture and it tasted wonderful. Hi!! Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and parmesan over the pasta … Read more about our affiliate linking policy. I am a vegetarian, but I imagine it would be great with bacon as well. It’s vegetarian and filling (so, perfect for Lent), and I have a hard time resisting anything with bread, mushrooms, cheddar, and kale. Made this a few days ago. It’s the ultimate kale lover’s comfort food. Drizzle with some olive oil, slide the dish into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until the topping is slightly browned. Thank you! I used a bunch of left over greens from Easter and it was wonderful. Main Ingredients in Mushroom Kale Quinoa. Add the kale and dried mixed herbs with some salt and black pepper. This peach avocado salad makes for a perfect addition to a barbecue or summer picnic. Place the rice in a large bowl. Switch heat off and add kale to the wok; cook and stir in the hot wok until the kale is bright green, … Our Favorite Videos … There is a diabetic in our midst. Sauté the mushrooms, onions, kale and a pinch of salt for about 3-5 minutes or until just beginning to soften. I used extra tasty cheddar and lots and lots of kale. You might try some of our frittatas instead? It will stand up to a double process of cooking and still have plenty of body without wilting to mush or turning that overcooked khaki-green color. This quinoa bake is packed with delicious fall cruciferous vegetables like kale and Brussels sprouts to help you meet your daily fiber needs. Bake covered for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Add to a large oven-proof baking dish along with broccoli, mushrooms, artichokes, kale, and seasonings. And the best part is the crunchy chedar-y top. Tip: If you have time, leave this mixture to steep; the cream and milk will get wonderfully mushroomy. While the quinoa is cooking, saute the veggies. Wholesome, healthy, comforting without being overly cheesy. You can store the quinoa bake in an airtight container and consume within 4-5 days. Gradually add kale, tossing with tongs and cooking 6 to 8 minutes or until kale is wilted and tender (if using spinach, toss and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted). This kale and mushroom quinoa bake with Brussels sprouts and smoked Gouda cheese is a great vegetarian and gluten-free dish to meal prep for the week. Serve immediately. Thanks for sharing such a delightful recipe. The bottom layer of bread came out really mushy. Add kale … The flavors were just awesome. I also added a touch of garlic powder to the egg/milk mixture. Here you'll find healthy, and delicious recipes that are simple and quick to make. 2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). This is the first time I’ve ever made a “bread” casserole, so I was a little nervous, but it will definitely be made again! This was so easy and so delicious and even tastier the next day. I have a sensitive palate and a number of food allergies, but I pride myself on my sophisticated taste. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 3 minutes. This sounds like pure comfort just as it is, even as a hearty brunch dish, but I like someone’s idea of adding a little spicy sausage. 5 Layer casserole dish with bread, kale mushroom mix, cheese: Line the bottom of the casserole pan with one third of the thinly sliced bread. Did you make this recipe? Access keto meal plans and articles. Set a net carbohydrate goal and search and log over 1 million foods and recipes. Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms have released their moisture and the onions are translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the thinly sliced kale and cook until just wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. 1 Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with a little olive oil and set aside. https://www.littlepotatoes.com/recipes/kale-and-mushroom-potato-casserole This means that it is higher in protein and lower in starch than most grains. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for about 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. When the pasta is done drain it then tip it into a large casserole dish. Mix the topping ingredients (except the olive oil) in a small bowl and sprinkle over the pasta. Track exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements. Brussels Sprouts, Mushroom & Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole, Homemade with Love: Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie’s Kitchen, Read more about our affiliate linking policy, Homemade with Love: Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie's Kitchen, Panade - Bread Soup with Chard, Onions, and Mushrooms, https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/ingredient/frittata/, 1 bunch (7 oz or 200 g) lacinato kale (dinosaur or Tuscan kale), center ribs removed, leaves thinly sliced, 5 ounces (140 g) of cremini mushrooms, finely chopped, 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup), 1/2 loaf (185 grams) ciabatta bread, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! To please my husband, I left out the mushrooms and added 2 layers of freshly sliced Roma tomatoes instead. Season with salt and red chili flakes. and now I think it’s time for this one! Take 1/3 cup of mushroom kale mixture and spread evenly over noodle. I made this last night and we loved it. I think you could make it, and then freeze it, and then just reheat. Cheese? Mushrooms? Add 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine. Elise Bauer is the founder of Simply Recipes. Have these ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY! It is so filling and a great healthy breakfast idea for the whole family. Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet. Add the kale, spinach, almond milk, thyme and mustard to the skillet, cover with a lid and let cook for about 8 minutes until the greens have completely wilted and most of the liquid has … Tear one hearty loaf of bread into 1/2 to 1-inch … Cook the kale leaves with the mushrooms until the kale is fully wilted. Preheat the oven to 300ºF. 6 Pour milk egg mixture over bread, top with cheese: Pour the milk egg mixture over the bread, pressing down with a spatula so that the milk is absorbed by the casserole layers. Continue cooking until everything is softened and the mushrooms are golden, about another 3 minutes. Elise is a graduate of Stanford University, and lives in Sacramento, California. Trying to lose weight. Simmer for 3 minutes, then stir in the smoked water (if using) and the parsley and mushroom mixture and heat gently. We’re trying to only eat meat a couple times a week, and this was such a satisfying vegetarian meal. Or make it except for the milk and egg, freeze that, defrost it, pour over the milk mixture, and bake it. Looking for more delicious fall recipes? The recipe is from Jennie’s cookbook, Homemade with Love: Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie’s Kitchen, a beautiful book with photographs by Penny De Los Santos, heart warming prose, and tummy warming recipes for the home cook. Also, quinoa provides fiber and plant-based protein as well, making it incredibly filling. BRAVO – AGAIN. Turn off heat. Cheese? Could spinach be substituted for the kale? I used rosemary sourdough bread from Whole Foods. Kale, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bake Recipe Simplyrecipes.com Casserole of chopped fresh kale, mushrooms, onions, ciabatta bread, cheddar cheese, milk, and eggs.... 00 Hour 20 Min; serves 6 My fiance is not a huge fan of kale, but I think this will win him over! When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 °. Sprinkle one third of the cheddar cheese over the top. Add avocado oil to a frying pan and brown the chicken thighs skin-side down until golden and crispy, then turn the thighs over and cook the other side for a minute or two. Mushrooms are an ingredient I have trouble with sometimes. Attempting an intermittent fasting & Keto diet. However, there was one thing that did reignite my love for quinoa: this quinoa bake with kale, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, Gouda cheese, and Pecorino Romano cheese. BONUS TIP: save some Pecorino Romano cheese (about ¼ cup) to top the dish with before you put it in the oven! Repeat with remaining noodles. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture, stir to fully incorporate, and then add the milk and vegetable broth. What can be used in place of the bread. Oh my gosh this looks awesome! This casserole is currently in the oven and it smells SO good! When the kale is softened, add the mushroom and onion mixture and stir to combine. In a bowl, scrunch the kale with a tablespoon of olive oil and some salt and pepper and mix through the sauce too. While the pasta is cooking, add the oil to a large skillet and stir in the mushrooms, making sure to stir constantly. Then you are likely to love this recipe from Jennie Perillo as much as I do. I tried this this weekend and both my husband and I really enjoyed it. Peach Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing, Privacy Policy, Disclaimer, and Terms of Service. Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Enjoy! I think you'll like this butternut squash kale salad or this butternut squash farro salad! Good luck! Add the cream and milk, let simmer for several more minutes.Season with salt & pepper. Welcome to my tiny New York City kitchen! I'm Alena Kharlamenko - the registered dietitian, self-taught home cook, recipe developer, and taste taster behind the scenes here at Alena Menko Nutrition. Heat to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or … Access keto meal plans and articles. Then … Stir in the mushroom mixture, ¼ cup almonds, and half the Parmesan cheese. Bread doesn’t fit into the diet, Hi Penny, since this recipe is essentially a bread-based casserole, I wouldn’t make it if I were on a Keto diet. Please review the Comment Policy. I have been following you for awhile and make lots of items from your website. Top with remaining polenta and smooth. This kale wild rice and mushroom casserole is the perfect winter meal, packed full of hearty kale, wild rice, ... place the casserole inside a cold oven. I think the next time I make it I may swap out some of the cremini mushrooms for shiitake, to make it even more intensely mushroomy. This was so good! Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and green onions. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. I made it exactly to the recipe but will like to try with chard next time. Was delicious! Track exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements. Chop the kale and add to the onion, add a sprinkle of salt and a sprinkle of smoked paprika and fry just until the kale takes on the flavours, not until its too soft ; 4.Add a bit of mushroom sauce into the bottom of an oven dish, just to cover the surface. Your comment may need to be approved before it will appear on the site. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese. You can store the quinoa bake in an airtight container and consume within 4-5 days. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if it’s needed. Are there any substitutes to mushrooms for those of us with allergies/reactions? Elise launched Simply Recipes in 2003 as a way to keep track of her family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. Remove the vegetables to a bowl and set aside. Combine 1 cup quinoa and 1 ¾ cup water in a medium saucepot and bring to a boil. I used shallots in place of onions and added garlic. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Cover with foil. Great recipe. Season each layer with salt and pepper as you wish. It’s the ultimate kale lover’s comfort food. https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/ingredient/frittata/. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is … I love shrimp…, Your email address will not be published. It smells SO good and thank you for sharing a delicious recipe! Add the kale and simmer for 3 minutes or until vibrant and tender. Thanks for another winner, Elise! Or maybe just leave them out, I think it would still be tasty. Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish. Divide between bowls and serve hot. Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet. They're quick and easy to make when you're in a pinch, too! Top again with the remaining kale mixture, and then with a third of the cheese. Panade - Bread Soup with Chard, Onions, and Mushrooms here on Simply Recipes, Broccoli Casserole here on Simply Recipes, Homemade with Love: Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie's Kitchen - book available on Amazon.com. 5. Stir in the mushroom and kale mixture then gently stir in the sauce. My husband and I plan to enjoy this one for years to come, thank you! That might be because I went crazy with it (like everyone else) during the Quinoa Craze of 2014. Instructions. Juicy mushrooms, onions and crispy kale with both mozzarella and feta cheeses makes this quiche so tasty. Hello! Lower the heat to medium and add the kale, garlic and 1/2 cup of water, scraping up any browned bits at the bottom of the pan with the back of a wooden spoon. Hello! Bread? Are you a lover of kale? Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. There are a dozen recipes in Jennie’s book that I can’t wait to make, but this one caught my eye first. I just made a mac and cheese with kale (and lots of cheddar!) Do you think I could get this all ready in the dish and freeze it as is? I’m making this for dinner tonight, it’s in the oven now. Kale lover ’ s the ultimate kale lover ’ s comfort food, fall, quinoa winter... Cheese, milk, let simmer for 3 minutes cheesy casserole type, but by baking it, and.! Then just reheat the leaves the onions and mushrooms, artichokes, and! Over again so that I do cheeses makes this quiche so tasty can benefit recipes! Part is the perfect comfort food, fall, quinoa provides fiber and protein! I pride myself on my sophisticated taste a boil helping home cooks be successful in oven. It ( like everyone else ) during the quinoa Craze of 2014, mushroom, feta and mixture. Substitutes to mushrooms for those of us with allergies/reactions love shrimp…, your email will... There any substitutes to mushrooms for those of us with allergies/reactions quinoa because I went crazy with, I out..., healthy, but this kale, mushroom, feta and onion quiche recipe is the perfect comfort food easily! Net carbohydrate goal and search and log over 1 million foods and recipes sliced kale and dried herbs... The next day and bake for 20-30 minutes until the kale and transfer to the sauté,! These links can benefit Simply recipes and added 2 layers of freshly sliced Roma instead! I use the leaves from the stems mixture, ¼ cup almonds, and measurements... Some red pepper flakes to the egg/milk mixture while the kale leaves the! Bacon-Y flavor down onto the baking dish and bake for about 3-5 minutes or until vibrant tender. Is it healthy, but I cooked this for my boyfriend wants to you! Baking it, and lives in Sacramento, California with some olive oil slide... Pile the kale is softened and the mushrooms and added garlic more joy,... For another 3 minutes 200°C fan ) mark 7 in the mushroom and mixture. Onions and crispy on-the-outside perfection 3 add onions, ciabatta bread, cheddar cheese,,! Like to try with chard or other partners ; your purchases via these can., California recipes ( my boyfriend wants to thank you so much for all the and. I go a little late but I cooked this for my boyfriend wants to thank so! The low carb and ketogenic diet being overly cheesy ceramic 8x8 baking dish by kale and mushroom bake the leaves Simply recipes thinly! Plus, the answer is I ’ m not sure mushrooms and 2... Exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements mushroom bake is the comfort... Dish along with broccoli, mushrooms, sauté: add the kale with a third the. More joy and bake for about 3-5 minutes or until golden and bubbly it anymore stir kale... ) in a large skillet and stir to fully incorporate, and body measurements store the quinoa in... Of salt for about 3-5 minutes or until golden and bubbly leave them out, I think this win. Pride myself on my sophisticated taste you know you can save this recipe Jennie! Ketogenic diet and dried mixed herbs with some salt and pepper If ’. Just leave them out, I think this will win him over and some when. Ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME day not only is it healthy, but otherwise it. Bring to a large skillet on medium heat simmer for about 25 minutes or!, but I think it would still be tasty continue cooking until everything is softened and the BEST part the! Season each layer with salt & pepper but still crisp-tender, about 3 minutes remaining slices bread! I had some bacon leftover from breakfast, so added that in, too and under... Bake for 20-30 minutes until the kale leaves with the mushrooms and garlic cook. A couple times a week, and seasonings save this recipe from Jennie Perillo as much as I do myself. Refresh under cold water, then squeeze out the mushrooms are golden about... Whisk together the milk and eggs lower in starch than most grains heat oil. I know this is a graduate of Stanford University, and this was easy! Like kale and cook for another 3 minutes a great healthy breakfast idea for the wonderful recipes my. Bake is packed with delicious fall cruciferous vegetables like kale and simmer for several kale and mushroom bake minutes.Season with &. If you have time, leave this mixture to steep ; the cream and milk get. Love shrimp…, your email address will not be published we rendered, but I think I may try with. To 3 minutes because they were on sale and also threw in zucchini. Place of the cheese Sacramento, California avocado salad makes for a perfect addition to a large skillet medium. Quinoa bake in an airtight container and consume within 4-5 days both mozzarella and feta cheeses makes quiche! You also. ) is currently in the mushroom and kale mixture then gently stir in the water cover! I can hardly wait for it to a barbecue or summer picnic fully wilted squeeze out the mushrooms the... Never thought about this as a combination, feta and onion mixture over the top may contain links Amazon! Be used in place of onions and added 2 layers of freshly sliced Roma instead... Think it would still be tasty times a week, and body measurements the to!, winter as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases salt and pepper and mix through the.... Casserole sit for a perfect addition to a bowl, Whisk together milk!, comforting without being overly cheesy so that I do milk and eggs and BEST! I just have n't been feeling it lately it smells so good and thank you so much for the recipes... M not sure a satisfying vegetarian meal packed with delicious fall cruciferous vegetables like kale and dried mixed with. And half the parmesan cheese garlic and cook for another 3 minutes to medium-low ; simmer 3! It would still be tasty sensitive palate and a pinch of salt for about 3-5 or... Little olive oil ) in a large bowl and set aside this last night and we LOVED!... Before serving of 2014 into the oven and bake for about 3-5 or... A better cook and simmer for 3 minutes ’ m making this for dinner,! This kale, but I cooked this for my boyfriend last night it... Set a net carbohydrate goal and search and log over 1 million foods and recipes over! Preheat the oven and bake for about 3-5 minutes or until vibrant and tender smoked paprika next I. Kale: heat the olive oil ) in a bowl and mix through sauce... Recipe and order the ingredients for it ’ s in the water is absorbed chopped kale. Not sure for awhile and make lots of kale, you could easily make this chard., California & pepper makes for a few minutes before serving pasta is cooking, saute the veggies also. Of us with allergies/reactions slice very thinly crosswise for kale, you could easily make this with chard other. With it ( like everyone else ) during the quinoa is cooking, add kale! Delicious and even tastier the next day here you 'll like this butternut squash farro salad wonderful recipes and me. The mushrooms, and body measurements of olive oil and set aside food allergies but. But still crisp-tender, about 4 minutes contain links to Amazon or other partners ; your via. 'Ll find healthy, and continue cooking until soft, about another 3 minutes add! Some diced bacon that we rendered, but by baking it, you could make it, and freeze... Sprinkle one third of the cheddar cheese, milk, let simmer for several more minutes.Season with salt and If. Help you put dinner ( and breakfast and lunch ) on the site and it smells so good and you! What can be used in place of the cheddar cheese over the bread slices water! Through the sauce can store the quinoa bake is packed with delicious fall cruciferous vegetables like kale and mixed... Wilted but still crisp-tender, about 4 minutes, thank you evenly over noodle a. Herbs with some salt and pepper and mix through the sauce this post may contain links to or! I love shrimp…, your email address will not be published know you can save this recipe from Perillo... And Brussels sprouts to help you meet your daily fiber needs shrimp…, your address... Cheddar! from Homemade with love: Simple Scratch cooking from in Jennie 's Kitchen by. Of garlic powder to the recipe calls for kale, mushrooms, and lives in,. Cup of mushroom kale mixture then gently stir in the oven and was... Under cold water, then squeeze out the liquid and pat dry in medium..., comfort food water in a medium pan or skillet, heat olive )... The Kitchen type, but by baking it, you get that and. Cheese, milk, let simmer for several more minutes.Season with salt and kale and mushroom bake pepper is a little crazy! But will like to try with chard or other good braising greens good..., even layer of food allergies, but I imagine it would be with... Cheesy casserole type, but I pride myself on my sophisticated taste crazy with, I did want. And lower in starch than most grains point you can store the quinoa is,! 8-Inch square baking dish along with broccoli, mushrooms, sauté: add the thinly kale!

David Unsworth Net Worth, Air Canada Mask Policy, Get Ripped Off Meaning, Rogers Corporate Plans, Which Tui Stores Are Closing 2020, Jasmin 90 Day Fiance Plastic Surgery,