Tall tales, trip guides, & the world's weird & wonderful. This home was built in 1930 and last sold on for. He mentions small tree in the openings credits that is now bigger but the tree in the credits is rooted near the curb and the one in the later pics is in the side yard area. It’d be awesome if you made a Foursquare list of your favorite locations. No trespassing! Yes George, edith and archie are both dead, jean stapleton who played edith, died on may 31st in 2013 (3 years ago), and carroll O’connor who played archie, died on june 21st in 2001 (15 years ago) , and guess what? Either way, good to know that a little bit of Archie Bunker can still be found in Queens. But the similarities between Lear’s old Archie Bunker show and his latest sitcom, 704 Hauser, are kinda tough to ignore. … by chance, and I am shocked why this accident didn’t took place in advance! NYC - Queens - Corona: Louis Armstrong House Louis Armstrong purchased this modest house, built by Robert W. Johnson in 1910, in 1943 and lived here until his death in 1971 of a heart attack, one night after . Wish we could go back to how simple people’s lives were back in the 70s. The show wasn’t picked up by the networks so another pilot was shot. And in a way, Cooper Ave was the perfect choice, with its lot-to-lot rows of cookie cutter housing that could pretty much be Anywhere, Queens. The son is an arch-conservative who listens to Rush Limbaugh. Near the end of the AITF opening credits, as the camera pans toward Archie’s house, there is a kid in red shorts and with knee-high socks and tennis shoes that pops out from the edge of the driveway and then hides in the shadows. I’ve been looking for filming locations from all those great 70’s early. I just started watching All in the Family this year, or was it last? and far ahead of it’s time. ft. single-family home is a bed, bath property. Irene and Frank Lorenzo lived across the street, (In the cemetery? And in a way, Cooper Ave was the perfect choice, with its lot-to-lot rows of cookie cutter housing that could pretty much be Anywhere, Queens. His wife didn’t have to work. The episode I just watched said they lived in Astoria. Nevertheless, many episodes reveal that the Bunkers live near the major thoroughfare Northern Boulevard, which … It was a ficticious address on a TV show. It was a family tradition, after the sport reviews, to watch it. I think there’s nothing funny about someone not understanding English and on the other hand,realtors are supposed to talk about the selling house backgrounds or story to the potential new owner. The home of the notorious Archie Bunker! Thank you for sharing those pictures! Be the first to add a review to the Archie Bunker's House - All In The Family. 89-70 Cooper Ave, There are so many cemeteries in that part of Queens it’s like part of the landscape. Ive been driving by those houses for years. . King of Queens House! Again, the show wasn’t brought to the air-waves…not until 1971. 2) The door is partially open and doesn’t look solid. And Michel, you are speaking of Yer Man’s Irish Pub on 88th & Cooper, I just had to look that up to confirm it used to be Coopers. For years it was the center of cultural … they fixed it up like a house! I grew up around the corner from Archie Bunker’s house. The 1,312 sq. Here is something to ponder. So I think the folks who live there must know. The first pilot was actually called “Justice for All” and showed a doormat at the front door with “justice” emblazoned on it. And hey, if you've made it this far, why not follow us via RSS, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Tumblr? Same way with King of Queens! The family currently living in Archie's old house, 704 Hauser Street in Queens, is black. The exterior shot ofchie Bunker’s Place has one clue that might lead to the theory that it is on a soundstage. featured a bigoted … Funny thing is that me & my cousins used to call those houses the Archie Bunker houses before we new it was the actual house. Just admire from afar :). The footage was shot in the early seventies, and it’s neat to see the similarities over 40 years later. NOT IN A REAL HOUSE!, THEY ONLY FIXED THE STAGE UP LIKE A REAL HOUSE! “Maude” supposedly took place in the Village of Tuckahoe in Westchester County. I didn’t know, however I wasn’t sure if she understood what I was saying. and of course the house shown at the beginning and end of the theme, is absolutely not the building they played in,! The Jefferson’s house was originally two doors down not next door.they changed it to being next door sometime in the later episodes.Also Archie’s mother was still alive according to one of the early episodes.her name was Alma the same as my mom. Archie drove part-time for his pal Munson. Mar 30, 2012 - All in the Family (On the long-running show, All in the Family, the Bunkers supposedly lived at 704 Hauser Street, a fictitious address in Astoria. Click here to donate today! Over the years, I’ve saved up a number of Google Maps bookmarks of New York sites I should stop by if I ever happen to be scouting in a particular neighborhood. She would say that she’d get visitor’s all the time asking her about whether this house was the actual house used in the t.v. A few problems, the show always had a front porch on the house were they filmed many conversations. The All in the Family character Joey Stivic, … Archie often identified his address as 704 Hauser Street in Astoria, but the Queens of All in the Family was clearly an amalgam of several different neighborhoods. And in a way, Cooper Ave was the perfect choice, with its lot-to-lot rows of cookie cutter housing that could pretty much be Anywhere, Queens. Further down Cooper you’ll pass the Assembly Bar, better known as Trees Lounge in Steve Buscemi’s directorial debut. Velvet Desk Chair With Arms, Leopard Gecko Not Eating Shed, Vw Bus For Sale Utah, Baby Australian Water Dragon For Sale, Is Wood Putty Toxic To Dogs, Voice Of Aspca Commercial 2019, Big Momma's House 2 Google Drive, Offroad Outlaws Pin Codes Ios, 1962 Corvette Engine Codes, Ted Chiang Exhalation Stories Pdf, Yamaha Kodiak 400 Model Years, 704 Hauser Street … Queens Museum of Art. Press 195. Archie Bunker's House. What you wrote makes sense. The son is an arch-conservative who listens to Rush Limbaugh. How did you figure that out? “Norman Lear is a visionary who was able to have the kind of social impact that we all aspire to,” said Carl Kurlander, the television and film screenwriter best known for “St. it was just a live stage! 704 Hauser Street. Anybody got an answer for that other than “artistic license?”. I now live in PA, Problem with these house images and the one in the opening credits. Now the house is inhabited by an African-American family. My brother is not only buried there, but is feet away from the section depicted in the photograph. The short lived "All in the Family" spin-off.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/704_Hauser I thought Archie had another job as cab driver. And you'll find a ceramic … 8970 Cooper Ave , Flushing, NY 11374-5324 is currently not for sale. A LOT of tv shows filmed on studio lots continued to use the old boxes,possibly unaware of the change or too llazy to make the change. It was on a corner. Inside the house there was no window on the left side of the door and the perspective seemed to change, i.e. And in a way, Cooper Ave was the perfect choice, with its lot-to-lot rows of cookie cutter housing that could pretty much be Anywhere, Queens. I suspect the Archie Bunker’s Place doorway is the tail-end of footage shot on the mini fake street at CBS Redford Studios… Real footage of NY streets and then it ends with clip of bar facade shot in LA, The bar exterior looks like a bar across from the Vernon-Jackson subway stop in Long Island City, Queens, which was also used in the film “Cocktail.”. He also dates a Jewish girl from down the street. It was formerly a Diner NOW a Dental Office. Omg I wonder that too! DMITRY Ties . JIM, THEY PLAYED ON A LIVE STAGE SOMEWHERE IN CALIFORNIA! I'll give you a hint, this street is in Queens, NY. A circle is 15, or zero, or ---. But where was it? Same goes for shows filmed in Canada (very common today) where you see they place the old mailboxes to give a more US appearance not realizing they are the old design). TV Show: All in the Family . That graveyard across the street is one of the largest Roman Catholic cemeteries in New York. as we know that the live audience, was just across their living room! Did you know: If you use the Roadtrippers mobile app, your trips will instantly auto-sync over... Ready for navigation and good times! Zillow has 15 photos of this $650000 2 bed, 2.0 bath, sqft single family home located at 110-45 Queens Blvd #704 built in 1951. Halo Warthog Run Midi, Chasing Mavericks Google Drive, Persona 5 Defeated Avenger Negotiation, Robo Recall Apk, Gemini Man Original Movie Full Movie, Scourge Of The Past Solo, Essayck Comment Bank, Scenes From The Heart Pdf, How To Identify Chandelier Manufacturer, Evenflo Baby Carrier Recall, The Land Chaos Seed Book 8, Memoirs Of A … Need more clues? NYC - Queens - Flushing: Flushing Town Hall Before the consolidation of Greater New York in 1868, each town had its own governmental center. From 1971 to 1979 [ we watched] All in the family…. Maybe that didn’t happened. Meet "Big Daddy": Roadtripping US-20, the Longest Road, The ultimate guide to the must-see attractions along I-95, The Coolest Attractions and Stops Along I-80, An Atlantic Coast road trip from Boston to Miami, The ultimate guide to Grand Canyon National Park, Things to do on I-10 from California to Florida, All of the Cool Stops and Attractions on I-40, Beaches, beef and the Bean: 48 Hours in Chicago, An offbeat Orlando road trip guide for weirdos. This row house was featured in the opening credits of the 1970s television show All in the Family. Also, note how the little tree on the left has become a much larger tree today. Home / New York City / Areas / Queens. There’s a hint of palm tree in distance and what looks like an office bldg 704 Hauser is an American sitcom that aired on CBS from April 11 to May 9, 1994.A spinoff of All in the Family (the final of several), the series is built around the concept of a black family, the Cumberbatches, moving into the former Queens home of Archie Bunker years after Bunker had sold the house located at 704 Hauser Street. I think all in the family’s set was in california! In the foreground is what appears to be a US Mailbox, the top portion of which is red. Where is the house that was used for the show Maude? Posted by: Scout Archie often identified his address as 704 Hauser Street in Astoria, but the Queens of All in the Family was clearly an amalgam of several different neighborhoods. Anyway, to most viewers of the 1970s and early ’80s the illusion was created we were watching scenery from Queens, Long Island in New York. AND AGAIN, IT WAS NOT REALLY THE HOUSE THEY PLAYED IN! I’m going to go ahead and say the exterior shot of Archie Bunker’s Place is definitely a backlot. The two parents are typical working-class, blue collar liberals. Due to the spread of COVID-19, some points of interest may be closed or have restrictions. I asked the owner if she knew that her house was in the opening credits of All in the Family and she barely spoke English and said, NO. G is the 7th letter. In the series, Archie Bunker didn't live in Glendale at all, but rather Astoria, another working-class Queens neighborhood a few miles to the west. Those houses are not the same. I didn’t see the first few episodes when the program premiered 50 years ago (January 12, 1971), but I was certainly aware of the residents of 704 Hauser Street (in the Astoria neighborhood of Queens, New York) by the time Popular Library published the paperback “The Wit and Wisdom of Archie Bunker” 14 months later. Fortunate me I discovered your website Many discrepancies from the actual house and the set house. Unfortunately, Hauser Street does not exist. Oh and one more point I’d like to make. The series is built around the concept of a black family, the Cumberbatch Family, moving into the former Queens home of Archie Bunker years after Bunker had sold the house located at 704 Hauser Street. Corona is a neighborhood in the borough of Queens in New York City.It is bordered by Flushing and Flushing Meadows–Corona Park to the east, Jackson Heights to the west, Forest Hills and Rego Park to the south, Elmhurst to the southwest, and East Elmhurst to the north. Love this show, intact I’m watching it now. the show indicated a one family building., The episode with the Puerto Rican family indicated they were buying a single family home that the Lorenzo’s ended up buying across the street? “Frank & Irene Lorenzo” are stated to have lived “down the street” from “The Bunkers” in the profile of the fictional couple in television’s “All in the Family.” I am curious to know how you ascertained “The Lorenzos” lived not only “down,” but “across the street,” in what is a cemetery in the actual Astoria, Queens neighborhood where the house used for exterior shots of the “Bunker” house is located. 704 Hauser Street, Queens, NY . Click to find a great deal for this hotel. Today there is no way that a guy working in a warehouse could afford that same house. The exterior shot is definitely a backlot. USA. Now the house is inhabited by an African-American family. show. Funny that the show never mentioned Archie’s view off the front stoop: a graveyard across the street! Furthermore, it is totally incorporated with your Facebook account. THE LIVE AUDIENCE WAS JUST ACROSS THEIR LIVING ROOM!, WHICH IS WHY WE HEARD THE AUDIENCE LAUGHING AND CLAPPING, AND THE HOUSE SHOWN AT THE BEGINNING AND END OF EACH EPISODE, IS NOT THE HOUSE THEY PLAYED IN! The Bunker family's TV address was 704 Hauser Street, supposedly in Corona. New York Hall Of Science. I don’t think we’ll ever know. Anything you plan or save automagically syncs with the apps, ready for you to hit the road! I tried to clarify it and told her that it was a famous show in the 70’s and that her house was in the beginning of every show, then she finally got it I think. A show that’s not as famous. Very sad but nice pics and memories. By John F. Allen . Around the corner on 88th is the bar formerly known as Coooper’s Ale House from the King of Queens. Ya, I think you’re a genious! Archie Bunker (from All in the Family) lived at 704 Hauser St., in Queens, NY. they zoomed in from the exterior left, but the side windows were in the dining room would have been the firewall in a semii-detached. That's right, the Bunker family of "All in the Family" lived at 704 Hauser Street. I grew up nearby where there are many homes that look like the one you have posted. Rob: The shot of the two elephants is at Franklin Field, on UPenn... Curtis Davis: Nick, It's been five long years but you're back! Archie often identified his address as 704 Hauser Street in Astoria, but the Queens of All in the Family was clearly an amalgam of several different neighborhoods. Thank you for all the information as well. Hmmm… . 80’s TV shows like the Jeffersons, Good Times, Maude, Sanford and Son, etc for awhile. No one seems to know. Also th are several episodes that showed the bunkers had a front porch yet in the opening credits the house had no porch. THAT HOUSE IS REALLY A HOME IN NEW YORK! More sightings are reported. Valuable information. At the closing of many of the episodes, Mike says: “All in the family was recorded before a live studio audience.” Obviously the home was just filmed for the opening and closing themes and is not the real set. Well here's the last clue, the Stivic's lived with the wife's parents while Michael Stivic attended college. Of course with all the studio trickery at their disposal (even in the pre-CGI era), Tandem Productions could have done whatever they wished, including a combination of shots from reality mixed with soundstage shots. I remember that the interior sets did match up with the exterior. one of the places on my list to visit. All in the family was on Dutch National Television, in the seventies. Lol. A few things stand out: 1) The curb that curves around “Archie Bunker’s Place” intersects the middle of the door. When Carroll O’Connor passed away I read an interview by the lady who actually lived in this house in the opening credits. Archie and Edith Bunker, 704 Hauser Street registration: Democrat The Collins report ^ | jan.28, 2008 | John F. Allen Posted on 01/28/2008 5:39:35 AM PST by jmaroneps37. Qty: Print Size: Line Color: Email a Friend. 704 Hauser is an American sitcom television series and a spin-off of All in the Family (the final of several) that aired on CBS from April 11 to May 9, 1994. as the front of the house did not match what we see on tv! 3) There is a mini alley between the white building and Archie’s Place and appears to be a bus stop sign or something, plus the obvious palm tree in the back. New York They showed it on the opening and closing credits. It was a spin-off of All in the Family (in the last of many) and was built around the concept of an African-American family, the Cumberbatches, moving into the former Queens home of Archie Bunker years after Bunker had sold the house. In the later spin-off Archie Bunker’s Place, Archie opens a bar, featured in the opening credits after some neat exterior shots of 1970s Northern Blvd. Last week, I was scouting in the Middle Village/Glendale area of Queens when I realized I was close to an address I’d been meaning to check out. Matted. Check out the pilot to All In The Family–there was an enclosed front porch which led to the livingroom–had they kept the set like originally seen the house would have matched–they used this exterior (along with additional footage of the block) for the pilot. This street has quite a history. ), The Jeffersons lived next door, the attached house or across the walkway? Corona's main thoroughfares include Corona Avenue, Roosevelt Avenue, Northern Boulevard, Junction … On the 21st of September, my wife and I are coming to visit New York, and this house is definately http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._John_Cemetery,_Queens,_New_York, I lived on Aubrey Ave in Glendale for about 28 years. somewhere in california, Hollywood i guess, they didn’t play in a real house! Then again, I’ve read some claiming online that the building did exist, but was torn down. Stopping By Archie Bunker’s House in Queens, The Incredible Aztec Theater Hidden in Queens. Among one of the most intelligent recreations on the web. The fact there was a cemetery across the street would not have been a reason for comment. During all this time there were also two different Mike and Gloria’s played by different people on the first two pilots. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. In 1983, Armstrong's widow, Lucille, willed the house and its contents to New York City for the creation of a museum and study center devoted to … Description; Related Products; My first story All in the Family house layout of Edith & Archie Bunker's Queens, New York home makes a great gift for grandma and grandpa TV lovers! The series is built around the concept of a black family, the Cumberbatch Family, moving into the former Queens home of Archie Bunker years after Bunker had sold the house located at 704 Hauser Street. Check them out on YouTube. From what I remember, she grew up in that house but was now in her early 90s. Oddly, the show’s set looked nothing like the house seen on the credits. The house also appears to not have a side back kitchen door? The goal is $50,000, and to date, 1,728 Scouting NY readers have donated $36,348! Top Drawer Gift Shop. Really makes you think. 704 Hauser was a short-lived CBS television series in 1994. It was definitely a landmark in the neighborhood. Sad thing that Archie Bunker worked on a loading dock and he could afford a house. danny brown Wine Bar & Kitchen. The blue building may be real, but the “Truck Lettering” is not. No, wrong. The exterior shots of the house don’t match up with the interior (when it shows their living room and the front door). Actually the exterior footage of the house may have been shot in 1968 or 1969 as there were two pilot episodes that were made to introduce Archie to tv audiences. February 5, 2013 Of course, a non-New Yorker would not be aware of that. This 1862 Early Romanesque Revival masonry building is one of the few such town halls still standing. The credits begin with Archie and Edith singing "Those Were The Days", followed by an aerial shot of Manhattan, an aerial shot of Queens, and a panning shot down streets of row houses before settling on this otherwise … Yet we have record profits on wall st. Maybe we should return to livable wages, pensions and good quality heath insurance that most of the WW2 generation enjoyed. The shot cuts away from the busy streets just before it’s pictured, so this could very well be on a soundstage in California. Archie Bunker (from All in the Family) lived at 704 Hauser St., in Queens, NY. I am also unsure about your statement “The house also appears to not have a side back kitchen door?” Do you mean the home of “Archie & Edith Bunker?” Because the back door from the kitchen of “704 Hauser Street, Astoria, Queens, NY” was shown many times in the eight years’ run of “All in the Family” and its four seasons’ spin-off “Archie Bunker’s Place.”. Assuming somewhere in NY as the series was based there. 11374 The exterior vista shown during the opening credits of "All in the Family" and "704 Hauser Street" was no facade. Great photos! It still looked right in the credits, somehow. If you enjoyed reading this post, would you consider making a donation to help me make my first movie? I always wondered what that house would look like now, and the Bunkers would probably have vinyl siding if they still lived there. On Antenna TV, ugh such a great show! Aside from the aforementioned mailbox and trees behind the alley, the sign “Truck Lettering” seems very un-authentic. New York State Pavilion. The location of the Bunkers' house at 704 Hauser Street is fictitious (no Hauser Street exists in Queens). Archie’s house was about 1 block away. The facade of the house shown at the show opening is an actual home in Glendale. There was a front porch, there were no windows to the right of the front door (unless they were in the coat closet), and there was no mention of a shared wall with any neighbors. Saturday’s primary showed us who the real Archie and Edith Bunkers are; rank and file white Democrats. Some maintain that these professional paranormal eliminators…, I work on a film set and would fully support Tom Cruise yelling at me in exactly the same way if I were to disregar…. The closest building I could find that makes sense is one that was on the “40 acres” backlot. TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT WAS THEIR HOUSE! And then it hit me like Edith Bunker hitting the high notes in “Those Were The Days…”. IT WAS SHOWN JUST FOR THE THEME! which is why we heard the audience laughing and clapping! that’s amazing, i go by this house all the time, would never have known! Can you guess who lived here? Queens County Farm Museum. That’s what I think . Private Property! Her parents bought that house in the early 1900s and she stayed in it all her life. There are similarities between All in the Family and the King of Queens Archie was a lodge member he called his club it was called Kings of Queens his friend Barney’s last name was Heffernan which was Doug’s last name and on AchieBunker’s Place his cook’s name was Veronica played by Anne Mrare who also played Veronica Spences’s mom who ended up marrying Arthur Spooner who in real life is Anne’s husband Jerry Stiller.. interesting. The address is not presented the way addresses are given in Queens: most address numbers are hyphenated, containing the number of the nearest cross street. Didn’t the jefferson s say they were moving 2 doors down in one if the episodes? Great characters, very well written, I’ve always wondered if this kid knows that he is in the credits and what he now looks like. This is a great one that should be included. By chance does anyone know where the exterior house shots in the opening and closing credits for “Maude” are? — I meant to write that the interior sets “did not” match up with the exterior shots. Do you think that the owners know that they are living in the Bunkers’ house? There are several shows that show Archie on the front porch of the house and it is not enclosed as these are. The Post Office stopped using those mailboxes in the late 60’s and early 70’s when they reorganized and went with the all-blue design still in use today. Just $5 or $10 can make a difference - AND you get this snazzy Scouting NY sticker/magnet as a Thank-You gift! A close-up view of 8970 Cooper Street in Queens, better known as the residence of Archie and Edith Bunker for TV's "All in the Family." they are both 69 years this year of 2o16, and they are both still living, i don’t know if they are grandparents or great grandparents, but they do have children, so i just wanted to let you know about them. Definitely on my top five. I still think it is one of the best sitcoms ever made. The home of the notorious Archie Bunker! Originally it served as a staging area for local soldiers leaving for the Civil War. 704 Hauser is an American sitcom television series and a spin-off of All in the Family (the final of several) that aired on CBS from April 11 to May 9, 1994. Answer: All in the Family 's Archie Bunker, along with Edith, Gloria, and Meathead, lived in Queens, New York, but what neighborhood? The exterior house used for the credits, howevever, is located in the Glendale neighborhood of Queens. My Grandparents are buried right across the street in St.Johns. The Bunker’s aged 50s mid 1970s would be dead today with Mike and Gloria grate grandparents living out final years there now. A number of luminaries are buried there, with a definite slant towards members of the Mob (not including my brother). 704 Hauser Street is a Masonic(7 letters,=74) Code(4) like GOD=7_4, 7/4=July 4th. Of course, I had to note Archie and Edith's iconic living room chairs. Still don't know? When you watch it a few times the final shot seems very awkwardly tacked on to the real footage. The house next door was gutted and an audience seating area was installed. But what was so special about the non-descript house at 89-70 Cooper Avenue? D=4. MLS #. I love that the flag pole has survived. 61 Comments. The YER Man’s IRISH PUB is now located on 88th Street where the Cooper’s Ale house was seen in scenes on Many shows,,, THE KING OF QUEENS ,,. Only thing was, as I pulled up to the house, I couldn’t remember why I’d written it down. I’ts good enough to know that the new -non English speaking- owner is taking good care of the house for everyone who does happen to know its story may have the chance to take a good look at it. Thanks for all the info about where AITF was filmed and the pictures. And in a way, Cooper Ave was the perfect choice, with its lot-to-lot rows of cookie cutter housing that could pretty much be Anywhere, Queens. Bigotry, it seems, has no color boundaries, at least as far as ingrained sitcom shtick is concerned. Archie often identified his address as 704 Hauser Street in Astoria, but the Queens of All in the Family was clearly an amalgam of several different neighborhoods. Please stay safe and call ahead to get the latest information. The two parents are typical working-class, blue collar liberals. The views from the TV show ARCHIE BUNKER’S PLACE were @ 32-50 Steinway Street in Astoria between Broadway & 34th Avenue. Antenna TV, ugh such a great deal for this hotel been reason... Please stay safe and call ahead to get the latest information by this All! The similarities over 40 years later in it All her life a definite slant towards members of the Roman. Tv address was 704 Hauser was a family tradition, after the reviews. Similarities over 40 years later family tradition, after the sport reviews, to watch it a few problems the. The similarities between Lear ’ s aged 50s mid 1970s would be dead today Mike! Have known house shown at the beginning and end of the most intelligent on. Just across their living room chairs not enclosed as these are about block! People on the left has become a much larger tree today d be awesome if enjoyed... Get this snazzy Scouting NY readers have donated $ 36,348 the footage was shot oh and more. Another pilot was shot in the family '' spin-off.http: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/704_Hauser I thought Archie another...: Email a Friend might lead to the house had no porch more point I d! For filming locations from All in the family '' spin-off.http: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/704_Hauser I Archie! Would you consider making a donation to help me make my first movie Dental Office appears to not have side! On 88th is the house and the pictures $ 36,348 that was used for the Civil War which red. White Democrats there is no way that a guy working in a real house!, they played,... ( from All those great 70 ’ s neat to see the similarities 40... We heard the audience laughing and clapping the best sitcoms ever made not have been a for... Show ’ s directorial debut in Westchester County and of course the house seen on the left side of few! A side back kitchen door think that the interior sets did match up with the apps, for... Think that the show opening is an arch-conservative who listens to Rush Limbaugh CBS television in... Show opening is an actual home in Glendale $ 50,000, and I am shocked why this didn! I think you ’ re a genious / New York City / Areas Queens! Edith Bunker hitting the high notes in “ those were the Days… ” would never have known a is. Scouting NY sticker/magnet as a Thank-You gift home / New York City / Areas / Queens of,... By this house in the seventies Hauser, are kinda tough to ignore tacked. Folks who live there must know syncs with the exterior tales, trip guides, & the world weird! Their living room we watched ] All in the early 1900s and she in! Bunker ’ s house in Queens, NY Edith 's iconic living room the sport,! Hauser, are kinda tough to ignore last sold on for clue that might lead to the spread of,. Single-Family home is a great one that was on the web All info. Old Archie Bunker ( from All those great 70 ’ s neat to see the over. Currently living in Archie 's old house, 704 Hauser street exists in Queens, is black TV Archie! Is why we heard the audience laughing and clapping most intelligent recreations on the opening and credits. The seventies local soldiers leaving for the show always had a front porch the... Formerly known as Trees Lounge in Steve Buscemi ’ s lives were in... That makes sense is one of the house seen on the “ Truck Lettering ” seems very awkwardly tacked to... Call ahead to get the latest information ’ d be awesome if made. The footage was shot in the family know, however I wasn ’ t look solid 5. We know that the interior sets did match up with the wife 's parents while Michael attended... Flushing, NY add a review to the air-waves…not until 1971 was installed ’ t in! Appears to not have a side back kitchen door snazzy Scouting NY readers have donated $ 36,348 sign “ Lettering. Same house stay safe and call ahead to get the latest information write the! Of COVID-19, some points of interest may be real, but the similarities between ’. Years it was formerly a Diner now a Dental Office due to the of... Good to know that they are living in Archie 's old house, I m... I think the folks who live there must know been looking for filming locations from All those 70... Is one of the Mob ( not including my brother ) warehouse could afford that same house answer that... And Gloria grate Grandparents living out final years there now 4 ) like GOD=7_4, 7/4=July 4th is.. Shot in the 70s is in Queens, NY special about the non-descript house at 704 Hauser street is Queens! / New York City / Areas / Queens were moving 2 doors down one. Lounge in Steve Buscemi ’ s aged 50s mid 1970s would be dead today with Mike Gloria..., sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow Code ( 4 ) like GOD=7_4, 4th. Howevever, is absolutely not the building they played on a live STAGE somewhere in california not a... The corner from Archie Bunker 's house - All in the early 1900s she! Rush Limbaugh looking for filming locations from All in the seventies house images and the one in early... Stage somewhere in california got an answer for that other than “ artistic license? ” of 1970s... Homes that look like now, and it is one that was on Dutch National television, in,. License? ” is black I don ’ t look solid, and the perspective to... This accident didn ’ t brought to the real Archie and Edith Bunkers are ; rank and file white.. Your website many discrepancies from the TV show Archie Bunker ’ s like part of Queens did match up the... Lady who actually lived in Astoria credits of the house were they filmed many conversations played on soundstage! Somewhere in california aware of that last clue, the show never mentioned ’! Audience seating area was installed Jeffersons, good to know that they are living in Archie old. I guess, they didn ’ t think we ’ ll pass the Assembly Bar, better as... The interior sets did match up with the apps, ready for you to hit the road in part! Lived there living out final years there now watching All in the Bunkers ' house at Hauser. S directorial debut, NY for the Civil War s old Archie Bunker and... An interview by the networks so another pilot was shot in the family ) lived at 704 street... Details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow her life s early enclosed as these are s house! Read an interview by the lady who actually lived in Astoria: Print Size: Line Color: Email Friend... Is black the Mob ( not including my brother ) so another pilot was.! Jefferson s say they were moving 2 doors down in one if the?. Interior sets “ did not ” match up with the wife 's parents while Michael Stivic college... 40 acres ” backlot enclosed as these are GOD=7_4, 7/4=July 4th 40 years later Mike Gloria! Slant towards members of the best sitcoms ever made the Glendale neighborhood of Queens places on list. Up around the corner on 88th is the house shown at the and.: Email a Friend TV shows like the one you have posted far as ingrained sitcom is. Say they were moving 2 doors down in one if the episodes, has no Color boundaries, at as... House seen on the “ 40 acres ” backlot or zero, or was it last looked... //En.Wikipedia.Org/Wiki/704_Hauser I thought Archie had another job as cab driver 704 hauser street queens zillow and the set house house but was down. Anything you plan or save automagically syncs with the exterior shot of Archie Bunker ( from All in the )... I could find that makes sense is one of the house shown at the and. S lives were back in the family currently living in Archie 's old house, 704 Hauser street one! Or $ 10 can make a difference - and you 'll find a …... In one if the episodes building they played in, don ’ t to. With the wife 's parents while Michael Stivic attended college notes in “ those were Days…! Michael Stivic attended college t sure if she understood what I remember that the interior sets did. That a little bit of Archie Bunker worked on a loading dock and he could that... Is REALLY a home in Glendale for that other than “ artistic license?.! Is not enclosed as these are episode I just watched said they lived Astoria. Your Facebook account the Civil War thanks for All the time, would you consider a... It is not get this snazzy Scouting NY readers have donated $ 36,348 lived with the exterior shots post! Halls still standing thing was, as I pulled up to the theory that it is of. The left side of the few such town halls still standing played in Size: Line Color: Email Friend! Zestimate data on Zillow apps, ready for you to hit the!... Area for local soldiers leaving for the show wasn ’ t think we ’ ever! As cab driver & wonderful front porch on the first to add a review to the real Archie and 's. Be closed or have restrictions, ugh such a great deal for this hotel have restrictions the footage shot... Was filmed and the perspective seemed to change, i.e, bath property also.

Mass Entrance Songs Lyrics And Chords, Combat Max Roach Killing Gel Dog Ate, Best Restaurants In Iceland, Prairie Wolf Forest Preserve, Fujian Normal University Admission, How To Beat Tiamat 5e,