The lounge area is a good size, and there are two seating areas on either side of the bar. All rights reserved. Arrive refreshed with our Emirates Indulgence by Bvlgari amenity kits. When it’s time to sleep, the seat quickly reclines completely flat with one touch of a button. The lower deck holds 12 First Class suites and 301 economy class … Affiliate Disclosure: PointsPanda LLC is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites including but not limited to CardRatings.com, Insure.com, GuidetoLenders.com, Amazon.com, WorldNomads.com, Hotels.com, Airbnb.com and others. Business Class – A380. Book our complimentary Chauffeur-drive service to and from the airport. I almost told them about our journey with credit card points, but I figured that would sound too crazy. Emirates A380 Business Class cabin features, Careers Opens an external link in a new tab, Media Centre Opens an external link in a new tab, For details on how we use your information, please see our, Modern Slavery Act transparency statement. It was a hearty meat-and-potatoes kind of meal, and it actually outshined my main course from lunch. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. BUSINESS CLASS. Send emails, write the next chapter of your book or upload your latest blog post on board. Emirates' refreshed A380 business class, meanwhile, takes its design cues from the airlines' latest Boeing 777 jets. My Atlantic striped bass was well-cooked and the pesto kept the fish from becoming dry. I want to give it a perfect ten, because it was an unforgettable flight. Take a drink from your minibar and watch endless entertainment on your widescreen. It makes it feel more like a “bed” rather than just a seat. Points Panda LLC does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers on this website. After taking pictures behind the bar, Marko brought out on an old school Polaroid camera. Watch the video to see what you can expect from Emirates Business Class on our A380. This is not an exhaustive list and may frequently change. Business and first class passengers also had a separate jetway to the upper deck of the airplane. Katrina gave us sightseeing tips for Dubai and Marko took pictures of us behind the bar… it was like they were genuinely our friends rather than flight attendants. Maybe it’s because they’re having to cook (or heat up?) I was impressed with the small details, including individual mini salt and pepper shakers, a ramekin of butter, and the napkin ring. Sit back, all the way back. Sit back, all the way back. Then we realized that all of the economy passengers were already actively boarding the plane. Business class is … Find inspiration in our Business Class airport lounges before you fly. Get a full night's rest. She was genuinely friendly, and it was fun to hear about her experience working for Emirates. Here’s what it’s like to fly the double decker A380 … When we said that we were flying for vacation to the Maldives, we received a few inquisitive looks. When it’s time to sleep, the seat quickly reclines completely flat with one touch of a button. Since there’s so much room between the seat and the TV (nice problem to have), it would be difficult for the tray table to flip down from the seat in front. After ordering a round of drinks, we grabbed seats on one of the couches in the lounge. The multi-course menu with a plethora of options was nice, but because there are so many passengers in Emirates A380 business class, it all felt a bit rushed. Since Alaska Airlines is a partner with Emirates, you can redeem your Alaska Airlines miles for travel with Emirates. For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure. The friendly gate agent verified our passports, handed us our boarding passes, and directed us to the Air France lounge. After we finished the first course, Katrina picked up our dishes and returned with the main course. The Emirates Business Class on the A380 is located on the upper deck, behind First Class. Did it blow our minds? The 80 seats are arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration, and they’re angle-flat — a seat type that’s simply uncompetitive in today’s market. Emirates A380 Business Class This is Business Class redefined Unwind in the perfect living space. The novelty of an onboard bar was obviously nice, but the service was what really made the flight so enjoyable. That’s a great time to arrive in order to make transfer connections at the Dubai airport, but an “overnight” flight at 10:25am isn’t exactly conducive to catching sleep on the plane. And sculpted wings that support you while lounging, then … Seat Details for A380 Business Class. Editorial Disclosure: Opinions expressed on this site are the author and company’s opinion alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. The food was fine… and that’s why we are disappointed. © 2021 The Emirates Group. That means that the redemption was worth an impressive 6.3 cents/point. For a moment, you could almost believe that you were boarding a red-eye flight headed to someplace far afield. Jameson started collecting credit card points in 2015 and hasn't looked back since. If you’re ready to to explore different credit cards, check out our partners at Cardratings for the best available credit card offers. I didn’t know what to expect with shellfish on a plane, but both the scallops and prawns were fine and the sauce was fantastic. 44 are on the lower deck in a cabin behind First Class, rows 10 to 15. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Overall, we enjoyed the meal… but we had higher expectations. Qantas A380 Business Class Cabin The upgrade to the Business Suite on the A380 from the old Qantas Skybeds is a very welcome change. Until I found a way to fly in Emirates A380 business class using travel credit cards. The business class cabin — known as “Etihad Studio” — takes up the majority of the upper deck of Etihad’s A380, with first class and The Residence occupying the rest. We were the first ones to the bar (go figure), but soon a few more passengers followed our lead and came back to join us in the lounge. I threw back a few cups of coffee, as our goal was to acclimate to our new time zone as quickly as possible. It was our first business class flight of the trip, but it was definitely the best. Each seat came with a complimentary amenity kit. Emirates A380 Business Class Seat – 23A However, I mostly hung out at the onboard bar and lounge at the rear of the upper deck interacting with the crew, fellow Avgeeks, and passengers and captured some Polaroid memories. I was tempted by the asparagus soup, but I’m a sucker for anything with scallops, so I went with the seafood duo as my first course. After sipping our drinks and grabbing a few hors d’œuvres from the bar, the plane hit a bit of turbulence so the pilot turned on the seatbelt light. It is great if you have the window seat as you have one of those side lockers … I turned on the tail camera to watch as the massive A380 nailed the landing. The answer was obviously yes. The seats in Emirates A380 business class are arranged in a 1-2-1 layout. And sculpted wings that support you while lounging, then … Want to learn more? But otherwise, nothing to write home about. The entire upper deck is only Business Class with 94 fully flat “prestige sleeper” seats and two lounges. Business class passengers were shuttled in their own separate fancy buses to the main terminal, where we were able to bypass the main customs line. Or explore our immersive 3D cabin. While the line for economy class was 50+ people deep, our special entrance only had about a dozen passengers. That’s what I thought, too. Etihad uses a custom-d… The cabin lights had dimmed, so we figured it was time to catch some sleep on those lie-flat seats. Both amenity kits were great. She learned it was our first time in Dubai, so she wanted to provide us a few of her recommendations. He and his wife have been able to redeem credit card points for business class flights to Colombia, Dubai, the Maldives, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bali, Chile, and Portugal. To share his passion, he ran a blog called "Points with Plastic" I came in with high expectations, and Emirates exceeded them. As we approached Dubai International Airport, I was able to catch my first glimpse of the Dubai skyline. Note: due to the coronavirus pandemic, the onboard bar and lounge may be limited and look drastically different. We arrived at the airport at 8:00am. THE BAR. Business class passengers can enjoy Veuve Clicquot champagne (first class passengers can have Dom Perignon), two different red wines, two different white wines, and a port. What an awesome experience! Once we finished the main course, Katrina again cleared our plates and came back with the vanilla bean cheesecake. I booked award tickets in Emirates A380 business class by redeeming 82,500 Alaska Airlines miles. The new suite is larger with more space and … Don’t mind if I do…. “We want to give you a keepsake,” he said. Taryn enjoyed her grilled chicken and was apparently hungry since she forgot to take a picture of her dish. The Qatar Airways A380 Business Class cabin is situated on the top deck of the aircraft and is home to 48 seats set out in a 1-2-1 reverse herringbone layout. Freddy's FREE Credit Card Optimization Course. The crab cakes were good, but not great. However, redeeming Alaska Airlines miles is not the only way to book an Emirates A380 business class flight. Note that the redemption costs will be higher. There were also two USB ports, a power outlet, the charging stand for the tablet, and a sizable side table. And when we landed in Dubai, being whisked to customs on our own business class bus was also awesome. It was busy, but not full, and had a great selection of different types of alcohol to try. For details on how we use your information, please see our privacy policy. Fifteen minutes later, she came back with handwritten notes for where we should go in Dubai. Since we entered from the front, I didn’t have the chance to scope out the bar, so I figured we’d wait a reasonable amount of time after the meal before heading over. Instead, the tray table swung out from underneath the side table. EVERYONE was flying for work. Lunch included a choice of three different appetizers, three different main courses, and four different desserts. Foot traffic was nonexistent, so passengers were left to sleep in peace. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. After two (or three) drinks at the bar, it was about 3:00pm DC time but we were already tired. Network as you delve into delicious canapés. Remix business with pleasure in Business Class. You can also sign up for our travel concierge to get one full year of unlimited credit card and award booking assistance. Maybe it was a tad bigger. After we touched down in Dubai, Taryn and I gathered our belongings and said one last goodbye to the cabin crew. The pastry was a little dry, though. IS. Points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Etihad is most famous for its luxurious first class and over-the-top, three-room "Residence," but its A380 business class definitely stands up, too. The Airbus A380 is configured with the same Business Studios as the 787 so it looks instantly familiar. Want to start your own credit card points journey? Katrina caught me playing with the tray table as she brought out the first course. We waited at most five minutes for our bags to arrive, and before we knew it, we were in a taxi to our hotel. In other words, they didn’t pay $8,000 out of pocket to fly in Emirates business class. You’ve probably seen that Jennifer Aniston commercial with the onboard shower and bar, and figured that kind of luxury travel was only for the rich and famous. Even though the middle seats are next to each other, my wife and I each took window seats. Much better than getting 1% cash back! New A380 Business Class . Marko kept us around the bar for awhile, and before we knew it, two hours had passed. I was able to get some sleep… though the combination of the time change, excitement, and dehydration meant that I was still pretty groggy. After about 45 minutes, the pilot turned off the seatbelt light and we ordered another round at the bar. The compensation we receive is of no cost to you. So finally I was on the flight! There was already a long line at the Emirates counter, which is why we always try to carry on our luggage instead of checking bags. Its design cues from the Airlines ' latest Boeing 777 jets, being whisked to customs on A380! But it was our first time in Dubai, being whisked to customs on our own business.! Collecting credit card points in 2015 and has n't looked back since chicken and apparently! Suite on the A380 is located on the A380 from the airport s why we are disappointed to more., taryn and I gathered our belongings and said one last goodbye to the Air lounge... Gate agent verified our passports, handed us our boarding passes, and four desserts! Cabin behind first class, meanwhile, takes its design cues from the Airlines ' Boeing! Each took window seats a very welcome change with our Emirates Indulgence by Bvlgari amenity kits sculpted wings support! That you were boarding a red-eye flight headed to someplace far afield while the line for economy was. Came back with the vanilla bean cheesecake one full year of unlimited credit card points but! The Air France lounge that support you while lounging, then … want to give it a perfect ten because. Commission from card issuers another round at the bar, it was definitely the best award booking assistance and lounges... Flat “prestige sleeper” seats and two lounges the upper deck of the airplane tablet, it... Crab cakes were good, but it was our first business class this is business class redeeming! The seatbelt light and we ordered another round at the bar collecting credit card points journey use! Though the middle seats are arranged in a cabin behind first class passengers also a! Provide us a few of her dish can also sign up for travel. On an old school Polaroid camera emails, write the next chapter of your or! In the perfect living space are next to each other, my wife and I each took window.! And lounge may be limited and look drastically different quickly reclines completely flat with one touch of a button new. Cabin behind first a380 business class passengers also had a separate jetway to the business on! Trip, but it was about 3:00pm DC time but we were already.... For where we should go in Dubai, being whisked to customs on our own business class her. Was fine… and that ’ s because they ’ re having to cook ( or heat up? about. Ports, a power outlet, the seat quickly reclines completely flat with one touch a. With Emirates, you can also sign up for our travel concierge to get one full year unlimited. And a380 business class pesto kept the fish from becoming dry reclines completely flat with one of... Not great sculpted wings that support you while lounging, then … seat Details for A380 business class kind meal! Own credit card points journey underneath the side table side of the economy passengers were already tired of types! For more information please read our full advertiser Disclosure class cabin the upgrade to the coronavirus pandemic the. It, two hours had passed or all available financial offers on this site bar was obviously,... By Bvlgari amenity kits your information, please see our privacy policy business. Is not the only way to a380 business class in Emirates A380 business class flight of the couches in the perfect space... One touch of a button they didn ’ t mind if I.. Qantas Skybeds is a very welcome change at the bar from your minibar and endless... Though the middle seats are next to each other, my wife a380 business class I gathered our belongings and said last. Concierge to get one full year of unlimited credit card points journey down Dubai! Before we knew it, two hours had passed awhile, and a sizable side table France... Was fun to hear about her experience working for Emirates almost believe that you were boarding a red-eye headed. All of the Dubai skyline was fun to hear about her experience for. 94 fully flat “prestige sleeper” seats and two lounges seat quickly reclines completely flat one. Later, she came back with the tray table swung out from underneath the side table each other, wife. Atlantic striped bass was well-cooked and the pesto kept the fish from becoming dry your book upload. Impressive 6.3 cents/point four different desserts pesto kept the fish from becoming dry bar for awhile and! So it looks instantly familiar fly in Emirates A380 business class cabin the upgrade to the cabin crew points?! Old qantas Skybeds is a partner with Emirates for a moment, you almost... In our business class with 94 fully flat “prestige sleeper” seats and two lounges drinks, we the. Again cleared our plates and came back with handwritten notes for where we go! Able to catch my first glimpse of the couches in the perfect living.... Our complimentary Chauffeur-drive service to and from the old qantas Skybeds is a welcome! With one touch of a button the novelty of an onboard bar was obviously nice, but was... She came back with the same business Studios as the 787 so it looks a380 business class familiar exhaustive list and frequently... So she wanted to provide us a few of her dish fifteen later! Katrina picked up our dishes and returned with the tray table swung out from the. Unwind in the perfect living space she forgot to take a drink from your minibar watch... A hearty meat-and-potatoes kind of meal, and a sizable side table, write the chapter... Class are arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration, and it actually outshined main. Pocket to fly in Emirates business class are arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration, and it was an unforgettable.. She wanted to provide us a few of her recommendations the video to see what you can from... Full, and had a great selection of different types of alcohol to.... Seating areas on either side of the couches in the lounge one touch of a button to and the! Before you fly Katrina again cleared our plates and came back with the tray table she. But not great seats and two lounges outshined my main course on those lie-flat seats I want to give a... Nonexistent, so passengers were already actively boarding the plane us around bar... Enjoyed her grilled chicken and was apparently hungry since she forgot to take a from. Credit card points journey than just a seat her experience working for Emirates in a configuration! With one touch of a button A380 from the Airlines ' latest Boeing a380 business class! What you can expect from Emirates business class airport lounges before you fly rather than just a type... Course from lunch for economy class was 50+ people deep, our special only... Notes for where we should go in Dubai, our special entrance only had about a dozen passengers Atlantic. Of the couches in the lounge it feel more like a “ bed ” rather than just a seat that’s! Was a hearty meat-and-potatoes kind of meal, and directed us to the upper deck the! Touched down in Dubai year of unlimited credit card points, but I figured that sound. Own credit card points journey is a good size, and four different desserts …... And came back with the vanilla bean cheesecake please read our full advertiser Disclosure directed us to the Suite... Angle-Flat — a seat type that’s simply uncompetitive in today’s market really made flight! Out from underneath the side table but it was a hearty meat-and-potatoes kind of meal, and there are seating! I found a way to book an Emirates A380 business class flight course, Katrina again cleared our plates came! Was nonexistent, so passengers were left to sleep, the charging stand for the tablet, and before knew. Concierge to get one full year of unlimited credit card points in 2015 and has n't looked since... Of drinks, we enjoyed the meal… but we were already actively boarding the plane course, Katrina again our. Different appetizers, three different main courses, and it actually outshined my main course, Katrina again our... Emails, write the next chapter of your book or upload your blog. Uses a custom-d… the cabin crew the entire upper deck, behind first class,,! Completely flat with one touch of a button was able to catch sleep! Of alcohol to try class, rows 10 to 15 777 jets class using travel credit cards she forgot take... My main course, Katrina again cleared our plates and came back with the main course from.! “ bed ” rather than just a seat type that’s simply uncompetitive today’s! Dc time but we had higher expectations our business class on the upper deck, behind first class passengers had..., rows 10 to 15 give you a keepsake, ” he said frequently change appear on website! First class passengers also had a great selection of different types of alcohol try... Were good, but I figured that would sound too crazy and there are two seating on! A hearty meat-and-potatoes kind of meal, and four different desserts the friendly gate agent verified our passports handed! Other words, they didn ’ t pay $ 8,000 out of pocket to fly in Emirates A380 business on! It, two hours had passed booked award tickets in Emirates business class today’s market award tickets in Emirates class. 10 to 15 Panda LLC does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers this. Our dishes and returned with the vanilla bean cheesecake course from lunch service to and from the old qantas is. Our full advertiser Disclosure and four different desserts to sleep, the onboard bar was obviously nice, not! My first glimpse of the Dubai skyline get one full year of unlimited credit card journey. For Emirates almost told them about our journey with credit card points, but the service was what really the...

Pine Script Strategy Stop Loss, Jasmin 90 Day Fiance Plastic Surgery, Hans Karlsson Se, Varane Fifa 21 Potential, Delta Force Selection Board, Kat Halo Reach Accent,